Hi Everyone! Sorry I haven’t been checking in here for over two weeks! I’ve been busy working doing makeup and hair for a commercial, photoshoots with actors (so excited for those photos!) and swamped with weddings. I’m physically exhausted but so thankful for all the opportunities that are coming my way.
Here’s a round up of what I’ve been missing out on sharing for these two weeks, in a nutshell.
1. Even when I’m busy, I need my exercise!
I’ve been finding time to work out at least three times a week for an hour each. If I attend a class at Fitness First, it only takes an hour of my time and I’m done! http://www.fitnessfirst.com.sg
Otherwise I go for a cycle, but that takes over 90 minutes each time.
2. Realised that Multi-tasking is key
I have been using the Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu Power C x 30 Brightening Sleeping Mask for all the days that I’m just too tired and need to hit the sack. While I’m snoozing, this vitamin C-packed mask brightens, smoothens, firms, nourishes and moisturises my skin. It’s a super easy one-step evening routine for tired, busy folks. S$110 at Sephora
3. Speaking about sleep, since most of us aren’t able to get at least the recommended 8 hours rest, The Body Shop’s new Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil is designed to give your skin a well-rested, recharged and revived look, even when you aren’t getting your full 8 hours sleep. It contains high concentrations of Wheatgerm oil, which is a natural source of the antioxidant Vitamin E. This product was so popular it sold out when it hit the shelves in UK and Singapore. I’m sure they’ve replenished stocks by now (they launched it in January). I’ve been using it for the last 3 weeks and it feels great. I put 2-3 drops on my palms, rub them together to warm the oil up, inhale deeply (it smells really gorgeous), and apply it to my cheeks, chin and forehead. I avoid my nose area because I tend to already get very oily there. It’s been a great after-sun product since I was in the sun alot for the shoots. Check it out at The Body Shop, priced at S$42.90.
I hardly eat hotdogs (the last one I remember liking was at Zouk after lots of drinks), but this place has so many choices for any appetite. As I don’t eat beef or pork, I chose the the Von Kraut with chicken. Love sauerkraut! Bought the Frankenstein for my friend. Although a little on the pricey side for dogs (the total for two hotdogs came up to $17+), they are pretty huge, stacked with toppings and served with a side of nachos. https://www.facebook.com/TheMustardIncident/info
Left: Frankenstein. Right: Von Kraut
5. Adopted my BFF’s cat!
What a sweetheart! She’s taken over my instagram account. Follow us!
6. Got pleasantly surprised at seeing my work and contributions in magazines!
Makeup & Hairstyling for the cover of Harper’s Bazaar Junior. Photography by Brendan Zhang.
Julka is such a natural at posing! ❤
7. Hakuhodo brushes were worth a trip down to Beauty Asia 2014!
These brushes are such good investments. My old (non-Hakuhodo) brushes have been with me for the last 5-8 years and most are still going strong, but some really needed replacing (ahem, M.A.C. , ahem). Last year I visited their booth at Takashimaya and really fell in love with the quality of their brushes. Recently I was deliberating if I should blow S$800 on a set of Kevyn Aucoin brushes, and then I realised that Hakuhodo were in town for Beauty Asia at Suntec City! Perfect! Their range is so large I get so confused looking at all of them. Thankfully their staff were soooo lovely and spent 20 minutes explaining about each brush that caught my fancy. I ended up buying 9 brushes this time, the goat hair fan brush, synthetic / goat liquid foundation brush, angled synthetic concealer brush, eye shadow brush angled being some of my favourite buys. They’re going to come back to Takashimaya in March again so look out for them. In the meantime, browse their catalogue at http://en.hakuho-do.co.jp/
Their brushes range from S$20 ish to S$70ish. There are a few that are S$100+.
8. I’m renewing my friendship with sunblock.
My newest addition to my favourite La Roche Posay sunblocks is the Boscia Daily Defense Sunscreen SPF 50. It’s a fantastic facial sunblock that’s preservative-free and has a mix of organic (Titanium Dioxide & Zinc Oxide) and chemical (Octinoxate) sunscreens, alongside Hyaluronic Acid, Green Tea Extract and Vitamin E Acetate to keep your skin hydrated. It feels really comfortable on my skin and makeup applies well over it too.
Ok that’s all for now folks.. time to catch up on my sleep, never enough! You can get more updates on my facebook and instagram as well. I’ll check back here soon to bring you more reviews about some other products I’ve been trying out, like Bioxidea Miracle Masks, For Beloved One Advanced Whitening Arbutin Series, The Body Shop Blueberry range, lots of Bioderma products, luxury essence/toners like SK-II LXP Essence, Cle de Peau Gentle Balancing Lotion, and Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle Turbo! Gosh.. that’s a lot of writing I’m going to aim to be doing for the rest of this week.