Going by the moniker “The Three Musketeers”, three elderly retirees are attempting to ride 2000km from Bangkok to Singapore to raise funds for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan. Preferring to stay anonymous (although they do reveal that their ages are 62, 72 and 73), they are hoping to raise S$300,000 for the Humanitarian Organisation for Migration Economics (HOME) through their charity drive, “Ride The Storm”. HOME will be using funds raised to help affected Filipino workers in Singapore through the following ways:
- Missing persons support (help find relatives and friends in disaster area)
- Getting home support (help obtain permits and payments for air tickets)
- Financial support for immediate needs
- Counselling for those badly affected by the trauma
The Three Musketeers will be self-funding their ride expenses and all funds raised for Ride The Storm will go directly to HOME.
To lend your support to them, you may make your donations through
- the HOME website
- a crossed cheque to “Humanitarian Organisation for Migration Economics” to HOME Main Office, Waterloo Centre, 261 Waterloo Street #04-36, Singapore 180261
- cash donations at designated donation boxes at HOME Helpdesk Lucky plaza (#06-22), Orchard Towers (#12-06), Home Thrift Shop (Lorong 19 Geylang #1-3) and HOME Main Office (address above)
Remember to give your name, address/email, and state that the donation is for “Ride The Storm” (as HOME runs various charity drives).
Related article: Asia One: “Superhero” Retirees To Ride The Storm