8 Palettes, infinite possibilites.
Makeup lovers can probably attest to the fact that it is pretty darn difficult to actually finish an entire tube of lipstick. Unless you’re a professional Makeup Artist or you conscientiously touch up your lip colour every hour, most of us never really manage to finish the whole stick before tossing it into the bin. Considering how we usually have more than one lipstick in our stash, a lot of product actually goes to waste – or to the bottom of our make up drawer.. like mine.
With the release of Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Lip Palettes, you can now enjoy wearing more lip colours with minimal wastage. A stick of MUFE ROUGE ARTIST Intense contains about 3.5g of product, while each lip palette contains 5 shades of about 0.8g of product each, just the right amount!
A selection of ROUGE ARTIST Intense and ROUGE ARTIST Natural lipstick shades has been combined into 8 palettes, each reflecting a different colour family: Warm Pink, Cool Pink, Warm Beige, Cool Beige, Red, Coral, Brown and Plum.
Each palette contains 5 shades with warm and cool harmonies in perfect accord. They are dense enough to easily blend into an even, consistent colour.
Rouge Artist opens the door to an infinite range of effects on your lips: from discreet to dazzling, and from barely-there to out-there-in-your-face.
You can wear a different shade every day according to your mood or blend the colours to create your own, personal, unique colour.
The lip colours come in two types of finishes:
- ROUGE ARTIST Intense: Saturated with pigments for an intense result, it will last all day and leave your lips soft and moisturized.
- ROUGE ARTIST Natural: Enriched with a cocktail of vegetal ingredients, made of waxes and Cupuassu Butter, it has an ultra creamy formula containing nourishing properties for a moisturizing smooth texture that glides on effortlessly, hydrating the lips with a natural sheen.
Pictures & some swatches:
We got 4 out of the 8 palettes available: Cool Pink, Cool Beige, Warm Beige and Coral, and managed to swatch 2 contrasting palettes, Cool Pink and Warm Beige, for your reference!
Just a heads up: All the shades were incredibly creamy and pigmented (Yes, even the ROUGE ARTIST Natural formulation is pigmented and not sheer at all!) and glided on beautifully onto the skin. They also have a subtle sheen to them so lip gloss is optional!
(Left to Right): 10 (Intense), 33 (Intense), N26 (Natural) , 34 (Intense), 9 (Intense)
(Left to Right): 30 (Intense), N18 (Natural), N16 (Natural) , 27 (Intense), 36 (Intense)
(Left to Right): 22 (Intense), 23 (Intense), N1 (Natural) , 28 (Intense), 21 (Intense)
(Left to Right): N40 (Natural) , 39 (Intense), N39 (Natural) , N41 (Natural) , 42 (Intense)
Comparison: From the tube versus Lip Palette
While most of us usually apply lipstick the fuss-free way, straight from the tube, it is usually recommended to use a lip brush for extra precision and also to ensure that you don’t deposit too much product on your lips, which can settle into fine lines or start bleeding onto the rest of your face (Not a good look!).
We decided to compare both methods of application, using the same shade (Rouge Artist Intense in #9), one from the tube and one from the lip palette, and see which one works better.
On to the lip swatches!
From the tube:
- Quicker application time
- Less precision than using a brush but still manageable since MUFE Lipsticks are cut pretty sharp
- A lot more product is dispensed onto the lips with each swipe so it’s more difficult to apply a nice even layer of lipstick
From the Palette using a lip brush:
- Longer application time: A good minute or two longer than applying straight from the tube since it goes on much more sheer and needs multiple layers to build up the colour
- More precision in application, which means that if you have uneven lips, it is easier to reshape them nicely with a brush
- Less product is dispensed so you have greater control over the amount of lipstick applied and where it goes on the lips
Both methods of application have their pros and cons, so we would recommend:
- Using a brush if you’re applying a strong statement lip colour so that you have control over where the colour goes and not end up looking like the “Joker” from Batman.
- If you’re rushing out the door and swiping on a more natural and sheer colour, going straight from the tube is a much quicker alternative and you don’t have to worry about your lipstick feathering.
For classic red lips:
To make thin lips look fuller:
Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Lip Palette retails at SGD$72 and is available at all Sephora outlets islandwide and at the MAKE UP FOR EVER Academy & Pro Loft (36 & 38 Armenian Street #01-06 & #02-06).
Sephora outlets in Singapore:
Ngee Ann City
Marina Bay Sands
Great World City