So… many people ask me what products I would recommend, or use.
What a mess right.. I’ve obviously got too much makeup for this one face of mine. I don’t use everything everyday. So I think it’s better to show you what are the staples in my personal makeup pouch.
I believe makeup needs to be tailored to suit each person’s lifestyle and personality. I don’t like to wear too much makeup simply because I’m running around all day for work and honestly, after doing makeup for people day after day after day, I hardly have the energy or patience to do a full face of makeup for myself (especially not in the morning when I’ve not had my tea!)
Also, I spend 3 days a week working out in the sun and more often than not, I find myself wiping my face with my hand or towel. Smudged eyeshadow and runny mascara is NOT a pretty sight..! Plus the boys I train with can’t be bothered if I’m wearing a full face of makeup during training or not (correct me if you’re reading this and I’m wrong :P)
So, what do I really, really, favour?
From top left to right:
1. (Silver Pen) Lancome Miracle Teint Concealer .. it’s peachy-pink based so it corrects dark eye circles and the formula is really light-weight and comfortable to wear
2. (Black Pen) M.A.C. Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in On The Hunt .. I don’t wear this daily but I love how it doesn’t budge. At All. Nothing worse on the face than walking into the bathroom and discovering I’ve got a funny ring around the bottom of my eyes. This one guarantees I won’t be getting a shock anytime soon.
3. Urban Decay After Glow Glide On Cheek Tint in Bang. This product was released in spring this year and I keep 3 colours in my drawer and a few more in my professional case. It’s creamy, glides on smoothly and it’s really sheer, although it looks intense in the compact.
4. Nars Blusher in Orgasm. Classic product! If you must buy only one blusher, this is the ONE. Brightens your entire complexion, with a very light wash of shimmer
5. Kate Kanebo Waterproof Eyebrow Gel. The only drugstore brand in my makeup bag. At about $16, it’s not dirtcheap but I haven’t come across any other brands that do waterproof eyebrow gels. It’s kinda like eyebrow wax, but it doesnt feel sticky and the colours are really natural. I wear this almost everyday cos I have almost no brows! One day I will try it when I go swimming.
6. Givenchy Phenomen’Eyes Waterproof Mascara. I admit.. I wear this for sports. And it’s never failed me. I could be crying while swimming and it wouldn’t move. Best of all it washes out with my makeup cleanser without me tugging at my eyelashes
Click on the link to check out the shape of the mascara brush!!
7. bareMinerals Original in Medium Beige. Tons of compliments about my skin while I’m wearing this foundation. I use it with the Prime Time foundation primer and buff it in with the bareMinerals foundation buffing brush.
8. M.A.C. Mineralize Skin Finish in Medium Plus. Before bareMinerals came to Singapore, I couldn’t find any face powder to compete with this one. Why does it still remain although I have the other mineral face powders? Because it’s PRESSED! nice and compact.
9 & 10. Bobbi Brown Eyeshadows. These are in Copper Cocoa (Single), Chino and Beige Linen (Double). I have tons of these in other colours. Mostly I choose nude, earthy and brown colours for eyeshadows. I wouldn’t say I’m afraid of colour, but it’s just much more classic to stick with the neutrals.
And there, the secret is out 🙂 Now to get on with my packing! I’m moving out 😀